Dear camper and parents,
We are excited about Senior High Leadership Camp this year and once again being at Central Methodist University in Fayette, Missouri! We have planned an awesome week of events for our campers. There will be swimming, hiking, water games, team building games, Bible study, worship, singing, crafts and lots of fellowship time. Our theme for this week is Aim for Perfection. We will learn how to exemplify Christ in our lives and spread His word. During the week, we will also provide youth with an opportunity to encounter God in nature and in relationship with other youth close to their age. Plus, campers will develop and refine leadership skills, work closely with the Jr. High and Older Elementary campers to help with their various activities, and lead evening worship. Our goal is to prepare campers to be leaders at camp, at church and at school as well develop and strengthen their God-given talents.
We can’t wait to see you but before you get here we wanted to pass on a few details to make things go a little smoother.
- Sr. High Leadership Camp is July 9-14, beginning at 1 p.m. on July 9 and ending at 11 a.m. on July 14. Check-in will be in the lobby area outside the cafeteria in the Inman Student and Community Center. Click here to find the building on campus.
- Click here for directions to Central Methodist University.
- Parents can send emails to their campers at Camps2k15@gmail.com. Parents will need to put their camper’s name and the name of the camp they are attending in the subject line. You can also invite others to write notes of encouragement to your campers. Camp staff will check the email account daily and distribute emails during meal times or other time decided upon with the camp director.
- Pictures will be uploaded as time and Wi-Fi permits to our Flickr account. Click here for the the link to your album.
- All medications must be in original packaging with prescription directions visible, if applicable.
- Be sure to sign and bring with you the attached permission slip, so your camper can participate in the offsite activities such as challenge course at Central Methodist University.
- Contact Information:
- Scott Burdin, Next Gen Supervisor, 660-676-3454
- Next Generations Office, 573-441-1770, www.nextgencamps.org
- Please encourage you youth to try everything. They will have the most fun when they fully participate.
- When your camper returns, please allow time for them to share the extraordinary experience they just had. Depending upon your camper, they may spill their guts and then take a nap or they may need help sharing, so here are some ideas of questions to help them process their experience.
- What was something you tried for the first time this week?
- Name a few new friends you met and what was special about them?
- What was the funniest/grossest thing you or someone else did?
- What was something new you learned about God this week or when did you feel closest to God this week?
- What are questions you still have about God?
- You are probably wondering what to pack. The following lists include items to bring and what to leave at home to help ensure you have an awesome week of camp:
WHAT TO BRING
- Bible, notebook and pen
- Sleeping bag or sheets to fit a twin bed
- Blanket and pillow
- 2 bath towels
- Beach towel
- Soap and shampoo
- Water bottle to have water available through the day (please label)
- Bug repellent
- Closed toe shoes
- Light jacket and hat
- Modest swimsuit (one piece for girls/not baggy for boys)
- Permission slips (if needed)
- Flip flops and/or water shoes
- Clothes for each day of camp plus an extra set
- Medications with campers name on container, drug name and dosage (see health form instructions)
- White item to tie dye
- Instruments, sheet music, or other appropriate items (costumes, puppets, props for skits) to help with worship
WHAT NOT TO BRING
- MP3 Players
- Cell phones (they cannot be used as alarms)
- Video games
- Any electronic equipment
- Any weapons
- Any food or drinks
- Cigarettes, alcohol, drugs
- Fireworks, lighters, matches
- You will not need money while at camp; All snacks are provided.
It is going to be a great week of camp. We can’t wait to see you.
Sr. High Leadership Camp Team